Sunday, November 20, 2005

Welcome Brit!

Hey Britni...Welcome on board the BLOG express!
We had a nice quiet Sunday. We got a call this AM from the music person in primary. She wanted to let me know that the primary would be singing two songs for Thanksgiving today! She loves Kate and wanted to make sure she would be there. She said, "I know Kate loves to sing and is one of the best singers so I wanted to let you know, in case you wanted to go over the songs this morning before church." I thanked her, because I had no idea since we were out of town last week. So I told Kate and she got all excited and asked, "I get to sing on the stage all by myself!" I told her no, that the other kids would be singing too. Then she said, "Is it another primary program...do I get to give another talk?" I said, no, it is just you and the other kids singing two songs! I think she was a bit disappointed. So we practiced the songs. She did a good job. She is so cute and looked so sweet up there!
Then as I walked her into primary, the secretary said, "I know you were gone last week, but did you know Kate has to give a talk today?" I said, "No, but we can come up with something." Then she said, "If you have her chap-stick talk from the program, I would love to hear that again!" I just happened to still have it in my primary bag. Then as I was walking down the hall one of the counselor said, "Did you know Kate is supposed to give a talk today?" I said no, I just found out but we had it covered. She said, "Oh, I wish she would give her chap-stick talk again. We just love it...even my nephew told his family about it!" So, Kate gave the "chap-stick" talk! Too funny!
I hope you all have a great week. It won't be too long before we are all together again! I am so excited! I love you all!
Ros

No comments: