Thursday, November 24, 2005

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Pre-Parade Extravaganza!!!

This was such a great experience. All the balloons were amazing. My friends and I wondered who exactly makes these and how would one get started in the business of making gigantic balloons for parades. Anyway, it is sure nice that someone does. In the first picture you see the lovely Macy's Star. You can see a few heads of people around. There were thousands of people. Who knew this would be such a draw. In the second picture you see me standing with none other than...Jo-Jo (that picture is especially for Kate and Clair). This is not Jo-Jo's first time at the Macy's parade. I am the little gal in black next to Jo-Jo. It was so cold, but nothing compared to how tomorrow morning is supposed to be. We are going to bundle up and brave the cold. It is supposed to be 31 degrees at 6 am when we are waking up. We plan to get to the parade by 7 am. That is what time the NYPD officer said to come if you want to see anything. It starts at 9, so we only have to be out in the cold for 3 to 6 hours depending on if we want to stay for the whole parade! :) I doubt we will make it past one hour of the parade. Hey, you gotta go if you live in NYC...it would be a shame not to! I can't seem to get these last two pictures to download, so I will have to do it later. I am too tired to mess with it anymore. Love ya all!

No comments: