Saturday, April 15, 2006

A Typical Friday Night in NYC



OK...maybe if you are rich and famous, but not if you are a student like me! Last night, my roommate and I decided to go to a Broadway show. I have only been to one since I moved here and I feel the heat on...since I can see the end in sight. We tried to get into the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, which is supposed to be fabulous. They do a lottery, as does Wicked. We didn't get into either of those. Luck was not on our side. Inside we bought tickets to see Barefoot in the Park, with Amanda Peet and a few other minor celebrities. It was slow moving at the beginning, but it picked up. It is a Neil Simon play and having seen another one of Neil Simon's shows, I think that is just his M.O. It was nice just getting to go. Jill Claybrough, another "B-list" celebrity was in the play and I walked right by here. (She's the one in the fur.) I wish this could be my typical Friday in NYC, but it is just too expensive!

No comments: