Monday, April 03, 2006

Thursday In Washington DC




Thursday evening I got to DC. I went from downtown DC, on the subway, to my friend's house in McLean, Virginia. It was nice to get around from the "city that never sleeps." I got more sleep then I needed there, but I also got to see a lot. I won't bore you with all the pictures (104 of them), but I will blog some of them. I will try to do it in some sort of order. After eating dinner Thursday night, my friend took me past the Pentagon, Arlington National Cemetery, and then on to one of my favorite statues...Iwo Jima. It was nighttime, so the pictures aren't that great. It is much larger than I thought and seeing it brought tears to my eyes. (Actually it seemed like tears flowed a lot during this trip.) I was so over come by the sacrifice that so many have made for me. It was overwhelming! The middle picture is of the view from the Iwo Jima statue. It was gorgeous!

No comments: