Monday, April 03, 2006

DC on a Saturday






On Saturday morning, my friend and I headed into our Nation's Capitol via the Metro! This weekend was the Cherry Blossom Festival and boy was it gorgeous. We started our morning out at the United States Holocaust Museum. That is such a sad place, yet I feel like every human being needs to go there. I found myself amazed at the facts I learned, that I had either forgotten or never learned in school. I especially found it amazing that Hitler changed a country so completly in just 6 short months, from the time he was made Chancellor to the "Final Solution" about the Jews. How completly shocking and disturbing all at the same time! At the beginning of the museum, they give you a passport telling you about a Jew in Europe. At the end of the exhibit, you read the last page of the passport to find out what happened to your person. On the second and third page of the passport, I was certain that she had survived...but she didn't. I was so sad.
After the museum, we went to the Jefferson Memorial. It was amazing! The view was fabulous and I loved it. The river was surrounded by Cherry Blossoms Trees that were blooming and beautiful. I wish you all could have been there to enjoy it!

No comments: