Sunday, December 11, 2005

There might be a reason I am still single!

This weekend I might have discovered the secret of why I am almost 30 and still single. It is actually a very sad tale, so you might need a tissue before you read any farther. It all started last Sunday at the Christmas Devotional. I saw a guy that I asked my roommate about and she said that she knew him and she would have to introduce us. He is a Dr. and 30. I was thinking it could be great to meet him. Well, on Friday night after the Nutcracker, I came home put my PJs on, washed my face, put my hair up on top of my head, and started knitting while watching Nightline. Nightline happened to be a very sad one. It had 29 mothers of fallen American soldiers. As I watched I couldn't help but cry. I was touched and saddened by their sacrifice. So to paint the picture a little clearer...I was knitting and crying in my PJs and not really lookin my best. I heard my roommates approach the door, but thought nothing of it, since it was after midnight. They walked in with....yep you guess it, the cute 30 year old Dr. I was totally embarrassed. My roommate said, "Are you crying?" So not only was I sitting there looking ugly, but I also had to explain the tears. I didn't even attempt to explain the knitting. I walked into my room and my roommate followed. She said, "Please come out and watch a movie with us, we brought him here to meet you." I sucked up my pride, dabbed a little coverup on my face, put on my glasses, and threw out any ideas of ever catching him and went out to watch the movie. Moral of the story...knitting and crying on a Friday night does not make you very desireable to memebers of the opposite sex. Needless to say, they are not the best tools to tricking someone into liking you either! :( Oh well! I guess the worst part was after they left when I found out he is from Texas...man I have terrible luck, but it's funny none the less!

No comments: