Friday, December 09, 2005

Night at the NYC Ballet



Tonight I spent the evening with the New York City Ballet, as they performed The Nutcracker. It was fabulous and I didn't chuckle or laugh at all when the nutcracker came onto the stage. (The British would have been proud!) :) I left Lincoln Center feeling like my New York Christmas experience was almost complete. I still need to see the tree on Broadway, a walking tour of the window displays throughout the city, and of course ice staking in Central Park and Rockefeller Center. Luckily I have a few days left to get all that done. I was a little mad because I forgot my camera. I really wanted a picture of the Nutcracker in the Lincoln Center lobby, but what is a girl to do when she forgets. A very nice Japanese couple took our picture out in front, by the Christmas tree and they are going to email it to Stephanie. We tried taking a picture with her camera, but it was dead. Luckily they took pity on us. The women was in traditional Japanese dress....kamono and flip-flops with socks. She was very pretty and they were very kind. See there are nice people in NYC! The ballet was beautiful!

No comments: