Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Placing a Challenge

Hello Family. The other night I was just thinking. I really wish Pres. Hinkley would challenge us again to read the B of M. I mean, it really got me going...well that and Dad's little reading schedule he made for all of us. Anyway, I was thinking, why wait for the prophet to "command" us. How does the one scripture go, "It is an unwise and slothful servant that must be commanded in all things". So I just decided I would challenge myself. I decided to read the B of M before the end of August when the baby will be born. (Actually I am ending the first week of August.) That is 20 weeks counting this week and means I have to read 12 chapters a week (only one more than last time). Anyway, so you are all thinking, "Why is she telling us this?" Well, for two reasons...first of all, the best way to stay on a goal is to tell other people, then they are always asking you about it....kind like going on a diet and telling people and then everytime you eat anything not diet food someone is sure to say, "I thought you were on a diet?" and then you are reminded! Second, I would love some company. And knowing how competitive some in our family are (no names please :) I thought some or all of you might want to get in on this action. That said, if you would like me to e-mail you a reading schedule...patterned after the William B. Call Schedule of 2005, then let me know. Yes, I made one! Anyway, who's with me?

No comments: