Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Message from FATHER!!!

Well family we made the quick trip to Taos to see Aunt Sandra and Peter this weekend. Mimi and I drove 1800 miles in 3 days. Needless to say we were wiped out when we got home to UC. We left Friday morning at 0630 and drove to Albuquerque. We had dinner and stayed the night at Aunt Nora's. Grandma Call was there too. Early Saturday morning we drove up to Taos with Nora, Bob and Grandma. I would rather drive any day then ride three in the back seat. When we got up to Taos, Don, Patti and Brooke were already at Sandra's. I helped Don load up Grandma's old piano (Grandma gave it to Sandra who gave it to Brooke). Sandra is down to 85 pounds and is on a lot of pain medication. She was up for the party and tolerated all the visitors and activities better than I thought she would. We started the "celebration" with a prayer and then several of her friends had a few words to say. I was very impressed by the many friends and their comments about how much Sandra had helped and blessed their lives. Sandra then thanked all for coming and said "I have never done this before so my main hope is that I do it with dignity." We then had lunch, visited and some of Sandra's friends played music (country, folk, blue grass). About 1730 we said our "good byes" and headed back to Albuquerque. It was really good to see Sandra. My only regrets is that we (the family) did not have any time alone with Sandra. It was hard to really talk to her with so many people around. I am not sure how much longer Sandra will be with us. I do not believe it will not be months but more like weeks. She is holding up as good as can be expected. She is awful thin and in a lot of pain. I just hope she does not have to suffer much longer. She asked about all of you and the grandkids. Mom showed her the latest pictures we had. She did say she loved hearing from you all. If she is still here this time next month I think I will make another trip to Taos. I know there is worst things then death but I do know she will be missed by Peter, family and friends. I guess we just have to remember her in our prayers and pray that the Lord's will be done. Saturday night we went out to eat with Ben and Geraldine and her parents and had some great New Mexico Mexican food (the best Mexican food in the world and beats Tex-Mex hands down). Geraldine's parents were really nice. We spent the night with Ben and stayed up and talked late. I finally went to bed about midnight and am not sure when Mimi turned in. We didn't get off until about 1100 Texas time and did not get home until 2130. It was a really long and quick trip. One thing I realized more than ever before is how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family. I am so blessed I was taught the gospel and raised in the Church. I am so blessed to be married in the temple to such a wonderful women. She is indeed a great wife and mother. I am grateful that I have such wonderful children (that includes Stephen and Britni) and the three most beautiful most wonderful granddaughters in the whole world. I love you all mucho, mucho, mucho and appreciate the great lives you all live.

No comments: