Friday, March 24, 2006

My roommate's Birthday Party

Last week was my roommate's Birthday. She turned a whopping 23! A group of her friends went out to dinner, at an Italian restaurant. It was pretty decent food, but rather expensive. They serve family style, but I've learned that does not always equate to cheaper. Here is a picture of my friend Kristin (from Atlanta) and my roommate Lindsay (she's the Birthday girl!) and of course you should recognize me (although the double chin might through you off). It was a fun night. The waiter was shocked that out of 16 people, not one person was drinking. He asked what the occasion was and why we were not celebrating with "spirits?" (my word, not his) My roommate gets sort of bugged when people say, "Oh we are Mormons and we don't drink," so I said, "You see this is a birthday party of sorts. You see Lindsay is celebrating her first year birthday, of being sober that is. We are her AA group and we are here to celebrate." Everyone burst out laughing. I of course then went on to explain that none of us drank, but it was her real birthday. He then laughed, but I am pretty sure it was because he was DRUNK as a SKUNK! I crack myself up sometimes with the witty things I say! :) Just kidding that was for dad, since he always says, "I know you crack yourself up!" I just figure I have to tell myself how funny I am, because nobody else does! :)

1 comment:

Bright-Mom said...

Emily...You ARE funny! :)