Sunday, March 19, 2006

New York Botanical Gardens





On Saturday, two of my friends and I took the subway to the Bronx, to visit the Botanical Gardens. Although the actualy gardens are not in bloom yet, they were having a show called "The Orchid Show." They were amazing. We had a lot of fun and it was really girlie and beautiful. I seriously loved it.
The yellow orchids smelled like peaches. They were heavenly. The other orchids were my all time favorite and there were tons of different kinds. My friends are Kristin (from Atlanta) and Karen (in the pink, from Ohio). These girls are great and I always have a fun time with them. When we got off the subway, we were a little lost. All of a sudden from around the corner came three "shiny" missionaries! We all smiled and said, "Elders!" They tried, to help us...but they didn't even know. We were finally helped by a nice lady. The missionaries were darling and excited to see three gorgeous girls! :) Actually they were just excited to see members I am sure. It was a fun day. We took a picnic and ate in the freezing cold. The next time I go, I would like it to be warmer and I want the grounds to be in bloom! Still it was a good time!

No comments: