Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rest in Peace Lucy


Tonight we had some very sad news...Brooklyn's most beloved hermit crab - Lucy - passed away. Lucy didn't have the longest life, but she sure was loved. Brooklyn played with her, bathed her, and even brought her over to my house for play dates. Lucy was lucky to have such a great little caregiver. I'm not really sure Brooklyn completely understood, but I think she handled it much better than I did. They will be laying Lucy to rest in the garden, tomorrow some time. I've already promised Brooklyn that I will take her to get a new crab...that probably eased the pain!
The worst part about all this is that I was just telling mom, as we passed by the store where we got Lucy, that I was impressed with how long she had lived. I guess I jinxed it.

3 comments:

Bright-Mom said...

Dear Brooklyn, Sorry your crab died. I am so sad he died. I love it's name.
Clair

Bright-Mom said...

Dear Brooklyn, I am sorry for what happened! I wish I could find you another hermit crab, just like Lucy! I wish I could be there!
Kate

Stephanie said...

Darn. When our frog died the biggest sorrow came after the funeral when I refused to let anyone dig the thing back up.