Friday, August 15, 2008

Slightly Vendicated



Last night as the USA took Gold and Silver in the All-round Women's gymnastics, I felt like we were slightly vendicated from the Team competition disappointment. Shawn Johnson was my favorite and I felt like she was ripped off by the Judges on both her vault score and her balance beam score. Although I was a little sad for Shawn, I did tear up as I saw Nastia Liukin hug her dad after she took the gold.

Way to go Nastia and Shawn you did us proud, inspite of the judges poor scores.

UPDATE:
Just a little update on my latest Olympic Obsession...see my blog below. I was watching synchro diving with Joel, Brit and Brooklyn. I guess my obsession has carried over because my niece Brooklyn, at 3, has decided that she wants to be a synchro diver when she gets older. I asked her who her partner was going to be and she said, "Why you Aunt Emily." As flattered as I was, I of course told her that when she was older I would be way too old to be her partner. (Nevermind that I would never want to throw myself off something that high.) She has now dubbed her friend Brinley to be her partner...she even practices diving off their couch, onto the automan and she was pretty good.

So watch for Brooklyn and Brinley to represent the US in the synchro diving events in 2024 (Just in case you are wondering...Brisbane is courting the Olympic Committee to host this Olympics...yeah! I've always wanted to go to Australia!)

2 comments:

britni said...

Hilarious! A trip to Australia sounds great to me!

Ktmrie said...

LOVE IT!!!!!


Lets try and see if purchasing tickets now will get us a cheaper rate!!!