Thursday, August 14, 2008

My New Favorite Olympic Sport

OK...I have discovered that I have a new favorite sport - Synchro diving. I like watching it on the springboard and on the platform. Men's or women's...both are equally enjoyable to watch. The speedos make the men's a little less enjoyable, mostly because I just feel sorry that those men have to wear something so small and so out of fashion. For those of you that missed this event this year, it is simple 2people diving side by side, doing the same thing at exactly the same time (or at least that's the idea).

When I first started watching this amazing event, my dad was very against it. He didn't see how this could be an Olympic sport. I believe he even compared it to Equestrian. After watching a couple of rounds...he was sucked in too.



Above is a picture of the US men's Synchro springboard diving. Sadly none of the US synchro divers medaled. This is a relatively new sport for the US team. Our diving teams are doing some serious rebuilding. Since the Chinese seem to dominate, we figured...if we can't beat them - join them, so we got ourselves a Chinese coach. So world...look out - we only have up to go in this event.

Needless to say, I am sad that these events are over. I now have to wait a whole 4 years. ESPN, please start broadcasting synchro diving for those of us that are now addicted.

No comments: