Monday, August 25, 2008

Random Summer Picture Catch-up

This post is going back a ways...I noticed in my camera that I had many pictures that I had never blogged about. I thought no time like the present.

In case you haven't heard me complain, I am the Activities Committee in my ward. Notice I did not say the Activities Chairman...NO you read correctly, I am the whole dang committee. Lucky for me Joel, Brit and my parents (who are not even in our ward) come and help me with every activity. In May our ward started off the summer with a Ward Fear Factor. I thought this was going to be fun, but seeing that only 5 families...not counting ours came, I guess it wasn't our most successful activity. We had fun anyway. Joel is showing you his yucky food he was forced to eat.

This other picture is of our friend Janielle. I've never seen someone dive into a whip cream pie, eat 10 gummy worms so fast in my life. She was amazing.

Also this summer, dad got some organizing systemn for their canned goods. My mom asked me to help clean out her cupboard and get her canned goods organized.

It was a nice idea, but it took up way too much room. I really should have done a before and after picture. My mother's cupboard is often the bane of my existance.

This summer I also got a disturbing letter in the mail. It was a way overdue Dish Network bill, wrapped in a plastic envelope. It was totally burned up. Attached was a letter from the post-office telling me how sorry they were, but they "receive over 1 billion pieces of mail a year" and it's really hard not to make mistakes. Come on, a believe a burned up piece of mail is more than a little mistake. What's up with that. Here is the picture of the letter and my piece of mail. It still smelled of smoke so badly that I had to put it in my garage, so as not to stink up my house. What has this world come to when you can't even rely on the mail service.



There have been many an earlier blog about our family vacation in South Carolina. We had such a fun time with all the family. Sad but true I only took 2 picutres. We were at the Dillard House (I think that was the name of the place) or dinner. I snapped 2 pictures of the littlest girls. Clair is showing me how she ate every bit of everything off the chicken bone. Ick...she didn't get that from me, since I am not into any bones in my food.



My friend Kristan also came this summer. We had such a great time. Since she is from Georgia, she taught me how to make fresh peach pie. I had a nice time playing tourest in SA.


So here is my post of Random things, from the summer. It was long, it was probably boring...but it is finished.

1 comment:

Bright-Mom said...

My favorite picture is the burnt mail! That is stinking funny...and also just stinking! :)