Friday, October 03, 2008

Kate's School Birthday Treats!

So, today Kate got to celebrate her birthday at school...but she kept reminding people it wasn't until Sunday! So precises!

Conversations went like this...

Random Parent in lunchroom -"Oh, Happy Birthday! How old are you?"

Kate - "Well,actually my birthday isn't until Sunday, so I am still 6, but I will be 7 on Sunday!"


Anyway...I brought her lunch and cupcakes to share with her class. We looked all over the Internet for just the right cupcake and found one that was easy enough for me to bake and one that Kate liked...SMORES cupcakes. They were very yummy...heck I got sick from eating so much of the marshmallow frosting! (Sorry no pics of Kate enjoying a cupcake..I was too busy handing them out to her classmates!)
Anyway, I had three left over and so Clair (who stayed home sick with a fever and icky nose with her dad) and Bowen (who stayed home because it made my life easier) got to eat one too! Bowen tried to snatch a cupcake before I even frosted them...thank goodness Stephen caught him! Anyway, they were a huge hit and pretty easy! Now to make it in cake form for Kate's little cake and ice cream "not a party" tonight!
PS We really wish Aunt Em - Cupcake Queen was here to help us eat them! We think she would approve!

3 comments:

britni said...

Hello..I am not a cupcake queen and I TOTALLY approve. They look so YUMMY! Brooklyn was so glad to see princess Kate! I had to remind her that was her birthday. Oh, she now wants you to send her a birthday hat, a cupcake, and a letter. She is so crazy! We hope KATE has a FABULOUS Birthday SUNDAY! Thanks Ros for the link too. I REALLY appreciate it! TTYL

Em said...

Yes...yes I approve!

Brooke said...

What a fun mom! Those cupcakes looks divine!