Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fro Yo Taste Off

One of the things I love about NY and miss by the way...is Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt. I love the tart, tingle on my tongue as I take a bite. I love the fresh fruit and the moshe (yummy marshmallow like things) I get in every bite. There is just one problem with Pinkberry...it can only be found in NY and LA. While I was in LA 2 weeks ago, I tried to get to the closest Pinkberry...but with no luck.

In May, while in SLC, I stumbled upon a Pinkberry knock-off called Lunaberry. I tried it and actually enjoyed it. It was close to what my taste buds remembered of Pinkberry.


While in Utah, last week...I was able to find another Pinkberry knock-off called Red Mango. Sadly, I ordered a large and my taste buds were sorely disappointed. It was a poor Pinkberry wannabe! (However, it didn't stop me from eating it...only with every bite I wished it was a Pinkberry.)


So out of the 3 Fro Yo's out there...Pinkberry is still the winner!


To the naked, untrained eye and tongue...you might think they all look and probably taste the same. Don't be deceived! They are not all created equal!

Stay tuned, because next week I am going back to Utah and I hear from my friend Kristan (NY Pinkberry connoisseur) that she found a place called SpoonMe that she says is a pretty good knock-off. I will be sure to let you know.

Oh and those Pinkberry lovers that also enjoy Cold Stone...don't be tricked by their "Nrgize Frozen Yogurt"...it is by far the worst wannabe Pinkberry out there!

3 comments:

Arlene said...

That looks SOOO good! I've heard about the spoon me place...Please bring a care package of some to us! haha

Paige Holley said...

How could you not like Red Mango! Oh that place is so delicious and I could not stop talking about for weeks! Although, I have never tasted pinkberry...

Em said...

Paige-
You have to go get a Pinkberry the next time you go visit Chy! Fro yo will never be the same again!