Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Statue of Liberty

Here am I...the little bitty thing under "Lady Liberty" herself! You can barely see me...but trust me...it's me.
Here is a picture of the skyline from the boat on the way back to Manhattan from Ellis Island.
This is just a picture to remind me that the French once gave us something nice. She really is beautiful. I was once again struck by the beauty and magnificance of her. We didn't get to go inside...only about 150 people a day get to go up to her feet. Since I went all the way up when I was in 5th grade I didn't feeel so bad. We also went to Ellis Island, which was amazing. I could have spent hours and hours there. On the wall of immigrants that passed through, I found Call's, St.Clair's and Ratcliffs. It was neat to walk the paths that so many walked to come to freedom. Man I am lucky to have just been born here!

No comments: