Saturday, June 24, 2006

Central Park in June



My friend Stephanie and I took a walking tour of Central Park last Wednesday. It was very interesting and I feel like I learned a lot. I love Central Park and totally understand why it is the "Backyard" of the city. I found many little spots that I would love to go back to and explore. There is a little garden called "Shakespeare's Garden." It is gorgeous. I will have to go back to get pictures. The top picture is of the "Imagine" mosaic which is found in Strawberry Fields...directly across from the Dakota apartment building where John Lennon was killed and where Oko still lives. Also Oko's personal gardeners take care of Strawberry Fields...eventhough it is part of Central Park. Now sing along..."Imagine all the people living in this world...U-huuuu!" This is the "Sheep's Meadow." When the park first was...there were sheep. Ros you would have loved it. Tavern on the Green (a now famous restuarant) used to house the sheep.
This is the "Boathouse Restuarant." It is very expensive...but I would love to go there some day. You can rent row boats (which I want to do before I leave) for only $10. That would be fun.
This is the famous fountain that has been seen in many movies. It is really beautiful.

No comments: