Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Broadway and the visiting fam

The last night, Friday, the family was in town Nic and I stood in line for Student Rush tickets. They are front row tickets and they are only $20. You can't beat that. We went to see Tarzan and it was fabulous. It is right up there with Wicked and Hairspray in my book. It had great music and amazing costuming. I really enjoyed it and I think the others did too. Nic and I about wet our pants during one scene when the "gorilla" came right up to the edge of the stage and roared at us. You know it is not real, but man it is a little scary. The girl next to me practically was sitting in my lap and she did grab my arm at one point. Kate would not have appreciated the loud thunder or the jaguar...the gorillas were a little scary too. Basically not a show for Kate and probably Clair too. Now who knows with Brooklyn...I could see her wanting to swing from the branches with the gorillas. (That girl is fearless!) :)
We had a "Girl's Night Out" while everyone was here. Geraldine and I got tickets to see Julia Roberts on Broadway in "Three Days of Rain." We had awesome seats...10th row. It was great fun. Julia Roberts is very beautiful. TV and the big screen do not do her justice. After we saw her come out and get in her car. We were across the street, but she signed a few autographs and went on her way. It was a once in a life time chance and I am glad we took it!

No comments: