Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Hutch that Papa made

I've been wanting a hutch for my dining room, but I couldn't find one that I liked or could afford. Dad found a hutch at the Good Will. It was neither the color, nor style that I wanted, but dad saw something I couldn't see and created something fabulous that looks amazing in my dining room.

Here are the BEFORE pictures (well, actually the at the beginning of dad's work)


What you can't see in these pictures is that the top of the hutch had retro, goldish glass. That was the scariest part for me...but dad saw past it.
Here is the AFTER picture:


My china looks great in it. Dad did an awesome job and for a fraction of the price that I would've had to spend at some furniture store. Thanks dad you are way too nice to me, always willing to share your talents. You're the best.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

wow, how talented! That looks so good, I love the reflection of your dad looking so proud as your snap the photo. Good work

Stephanie said...

It is gorgeous!! How is the DC withdrawal going?

britni said...

He really did a great job! It is beautiful! I am so impressed!

Bright-Mom said...

WOW...looks wonderful! I hear mom wanted to keep it for herself!