Friday, November 21, 2008

DCA - Diet Coke Anonymous

Hello, my name is Emily Call and I'm a Diet Coke Aholic! (HELLO EMILY) I've been sober now for 1 week and boy do I need a Diet Coke!

Yes, I gave up "the Dark mistress" (a nickname I got from my cousin) a week ago today and this has been one of the toughest weeks of my life. I knew I had a problem when I actually dreamed about an enormous Diet Coke Fountain in the middle of a town square. The morning after that dream, while drinking a Diet Coke I made the decision to quit. It only took me about a month to get up the nerve to actually quit, but I've done it and man it's tough. It's tough when I need a little pick me up to make it through another boring meeting. It's tough when I walk down the drink aisle at the grocery store and you can hear the cans/bottles calling your name. The hardest thing is walking in from the garage and not grabbing one of these...

Yes, I still have 1/2 a 12 pack sitting by my door and let me tell you it takes a great deal of will power not to grab one and just get a little taste of that Diet Coke with a hint of lime goodness.

I have to ask...how did it ever come to this? Why have I been so weak and when will the cravings stop?

The worst is that I have chose the worst possible time to give up Diet Coke, because I had to replace it with something and what did I choose?

I gave up this:


For this:


Now tell me...which is worse?

For those of you who have never tasted or even know what a Mallowmar is (I feel very sorry for you!), please take the time to read this NY Times article (Note: I'm not a fan of the NY Times, but this is a fabulous article.)
The Cookie That Comes Out in the Cold
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/08/nyregion/08cookie.html

Hello, my name is Emily Call and I'm a Mallomar Aholic! I just can't help it, it's like a little bit of hot chocolate all wrapped up in a cookie. My only problem is that I can't get any after Christmas...I guess that's when I will give them up! :)

3 comments:

Bright-Mom said...

Hang in there...I'd hate to have to take you to the Betty Ford clinic!

britni said...

Let me know when you want to sneak a drink...I will be right there with you hiding the caffeine! I know...I am not a good example..I MIGHT consider giving up the DR.Pepper after the New Year, but I will really have to think about! I am just not that strong...good luck though!

Brooke said...

You are hilarious! Good luck. Hope you are still strong, you may have needed a little something to get your through that BYU game!!