Saturday, May 06, 2006

What to do when Finals are done and life is easy...?




You head to the park for little reading. It's really nice if the park is famous and has been in a movie, like You've Got Mail. That is exactly what I did Friday (yesterday). I turned my last final of the semester in on Thursday, so I found myself with a slight cold and nothing to do. It was such a beautiful day, so I headed to Riverside Park. It was so nice. This is the park at the end of You've Got Mail when Meg Ryan's character is waiting to see who her "internet" crush is...only to discover that it is her arch enemy-turned friend, Tom Hanks. She hears him yelling "Brinkly" as he is coming down the hill pictured in the second picture (which is the name of his dog). Basically as I was sitting there, I thought for a second I could hear someone in the distance yelling..."Brinkly." OK not really, but it was funny and I am sure some of you laughed! I am including pictures from the park. One of the pictures is a memorial for soldiers from NYC, that I stumbled upon. I thought it was very pretty!

No comments: