Saturday, May 06, 2006

What do you get when you put 2 "Call Girl" cousins in NYC?



Lots of sweaty fun! Chy came into the city for a "girls night" out. Instead of painting the town red...she got stuck with me suffering with a cold. She was a good sport though! We went to dinner, grabbed a cupcake, and went to Lincoln Center to see David Blaine, the magician, in the water sphere. All in all I think we had a nice time. We woke up this morning (Saturday) bright and early. We headed to Time Square for the Revelon Walk/Run for Women's cancer! The race started at 9:15 and we finished at about 10. It was lots of fun...but I was sweaty at the end. (I guess I am just out of shape.) We walked some (mostly on the up hill parts), but we ran some too (mostly on the down hill parts)! It was fun and I am thinking about making this a yearly event...that way I can get to come back to NYC once a year. A group of girls from my ward also ran/walked with us. Susan Serandon (not a fan!), Elizabeth (from The View), the guy from Law and Order SVU, and two actors from The Sopranoes were there. Chy and I raced with about 39,998 people. It was craziness! Here are some of the pictures. The race started in Times Square and went through Central Park. We ended on the East side of Central Park. We then hoped into a Taxi and headed back to my place on the West side. I had to catch my ride to the airport to get my flight back to San Antonio. It was lots of fun. I got a lunch, a t-shirt, and some Revelon lipstick...what more could you ask for after running a race!? (Chy if you are reading this...don't stress, I am just using my time at the airport wisely...by blogging!) :)

No comments: