Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Our Weekend and Weeks Start

Hello All...I figure I better add a little to this here BLOG so Em doesn't feel she is carrying all the weight around here! However, her NYC life is much more exciting than my Acworth, GA life, so I don't have much exciting to add.

This weekend was pretty dull. We mainly worked on the nursery. Saturday morning, the girls helped me take everything out of the room. I felt like I was on Trading Spaces. Then we caulked the baseboards. Then I taped under the baseboards along the carpet. (However, the girls helped me remove all that tape, because we decided to do an extra "remodeling" we hadn't planned on doing...more later). Anyway, then we patched holes in the walls from nails etc. Then Stephen said, "Let's scrape the popcorn off the ceiling!" So we did, but of course that makes a pretty good mess and so we took up all the tape I had so carefully laid down. We tried to vacuum the tape off...but Stephens new shop vac is so strong, it just sucked the tape up. So, the girls REALLY enjoyed helping me take the tape up Saturday night...and they had been feeling left out since they had not been able to help since that morning! Yesterday, Stephen patched up the ceiling and today we will sand and tape baseboards so Wednesday we can paint the walls and ceiling with primer. We might have to do two coats of primer...so it could be as late as this weekend before we actually get to put the colored paint on the walls. I will be sure to send pics when it is done!

That is about it from us. We are just hanging out and getting thing in order for the new baby. We are also going to paint the up-stairs bathroom, so I have been working during the day on removing wallpaper. I have a list of things to do each month and we are trying to get the up-stairs in order so I can have the carpets cleaned!

Well, I better go. I have lots to do since Uncle Ben and Aaron will be visiting tomorrow. Plus, I need to find a camp site for us to go camping next weekend for Mother's Day (well for Friday and Saturday...we will come home Saturday night)! We are all excited, I just hope the weather is nice!

Love you All!

No comments: