Sunday, September 07, 2008

Girl's Night!

Those of you that know Brooklyn, know that she is a planner. Her famous last words are, "I have an idea..." And believe me, she has major ideas. For weeks and weeks Brooklyn has been planning a "Girl's Night." She discussed her plans, had her parents make lists of people to invite, and had every detail in mind. Her invitee list included just about every female she knew, including Pepper (Joel's female dog), Big Mama, Jaqueline, and Scribbles (some friend's female goats). Lucky for me, since I was hosting it the goats and dog were unable to make it. The guest of honor was, of course, Shelby. Shelby is a cheerleader at the high school where Joel coaches. She also happens to have been in my 3rd and 4th grade class when I taught here. She used to attend church with my parents as well. Shelby is great with Brooklyn and Brooklyn thinks she is greatest. Shelby was so sweet to come spend a Friday night with myself and a 3 year old.

We had a great time. We had pizza, lots of candy (both requests of Brooklyn), played Disney Video Bingo, watched High School Musical, and did a craft project.


Brooklyn had a great time and talked about it for days after the fact.

Brooklyn was a little disappointed that our Girl's Night only consisted of Brooklyn, Shelby, and myself. During the prayer she said, "I'm a little upset that one 3 of us got to come. It's just not as fun."

3 comments:

Bright-Mom said...

Em, you are the greatest aunt! And Miss Brooklyn, all of us Bright girls would totally have been there...if we weren't 1000 miles away! :(

rocketmom said...

Aunt Emily you are the best. I was sad I was the ONLY female she didn't want there! Is this the beginning of a long road or what! Thanks so much! She is already planning another one!

Brooke said...

That Brooklyn is a cutie. How fun to have such a fun Aunt.