Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Honor



I love Memorial Day, because it is another day that we have to be thankful for the men and women that have sacrificed for our country and the freedoms that come with our citizenship. I am personally thankful for those men and women and their families. I was watching the news the other day and they were showing how our National Cemeteries prepare for this day. It brought tears to my eyes to see current service men and women placing flags on every grave and then saluting the grave. It was just further proof that we live in a great country.

While in Utah, I took the chance to stop by the Provo cemetery to pay my respects to one of my personal heroes…my Grandpap. He served our country and made many sacrifices to ensure my freedoms remain in tack. For that I am grateful. I also took the time to stop at the War Memorial in the cemetery and found my Grandpap’s name. Here are a couple of pictures, including my Grandpap’s name...Jack E. St. Clair. Thanks Grandpap for your service to our country.

1 comment:

britni said...

Emily what a sweet and perfect post for Memorial Day. I am grateful for Grandpap and his service as well. He truly was an honorable man.