Sunday, July 09, 2006

The United Nations Trip

Each nation gives a gift to the UN...this is a Norman Rockwell mosaic that reads, "Do Unto Others, As you would have others do to you." Let's not forget that the US gave the big gift of all that waterfront property! (But that wasn't mentioned!)
Here is a statue right outside the United Nations building. I thought it was interesting. The UN is on a big kick to rid the world of guns.
This is a picture of the Security Council room. The meetings are closed to the public and they meet every day.
This is me in the General Assembly room. The Secretary General sits right above my head. I have to say that this was not my most favorite place in NYC. I was offended by several things they said about Americans, but it was interesting none the less!

No comments: