Monday, July 10, 2006

The 4th of July in NYC


The fourth of July in NYC was very interesting and lots of fun. I spent the day on Coney Island. It was my first time at the beach and I hope not my last. I have been told that I shouldn't base my beach experience on Coney Island beach. It was a little Ghetto. I am kind of dumb for posting this very unattractive photo of myself on the beach...YIKES!!!
This is the famous Nathan's hot dog stand on Coney Island.
After Coney Island some friends and I went to the FDR highway (which was closed) to watch the Macy's firework display. It is the largest in the country. The fireworks were spectacular! I have tons of pictures of my fireworks...but I only picked 2 to share on the blog.
The 4th of July is the day for the Annual World's hot dog eating contest. Every year an Asian man wins and this year was no different. It was packed, so I wasn't exactly up front...but I got the idea. He ate 53 3/4 hot dogs. The runner up was an American man who only ate 53. The very thought almost made me sick!
Another display of fireworks...inNYC!

No comments: