Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Our Fourth!

Our Fourth...

Started on the 3rd with the Hammonds (and our friends the Lukens) joining us for FHE and fireworks in Kennesaw. We ate cookies and brownies while watching...well, everyone ate cut Kate. She wouldn't take her hands off her ears (even though it wasn't that loud!)

The next morning we went to the church and all about got heat stroke in the horrid humidity! We stuck around for about 2 and half hours and then came home. A member of our ward, who is a Marine, spoke at the flag ceremony and did a wonderful job. I cried through his whole speech. He just got back from Iraq about 3 or 4 months ago. Then we ate pancakes and I had to help with games for the kids.

When we got home, I was exhausted. I went to bed and took a nap. Stephen slept on the couch while the girls watched a movie. When I got up it was 2:00 and no one had lunch, so I made some sandwiches and then put the girls down for naps.

While the girls were sleeping, Stephen and I watched Germany get beat in a heart wrenching lost by Italy! It was really sad, but I guess you can't win them all!

Then we worked on the nursery. It is lookin good! I can't wait for it to be done.

After that we grilled hot dogs and ate dinner. Then we bathed the girls and we all went to bed. We were exhausted!

Hope you all had a wonderful fourth! Wish we could have all been together!

No comments: