Sunday, February 12, 2006

Blizzard of 2006

The first picture is of our door step. The second one is of a car parked outside our door and the last one is of me. A guy walking by saw me taking pictures and asked me if I wanted him to take my picture. I told him I was from Texas and we didn't have this much snow. He said he was from Boston and this was nothing!










Yes, today...Sunday NYC received 26.9 inches of snow...which made it literally Hell to get to church. I kept thinking they would just cancel church, but my roommates said that it wouldn't be any trouble getting to church with public transportation...WRONG! We got on a subway, only to get stuck on the tracks for about 30 minutes. We then got out a stop before the church because the train wasn't going any further. It was 72nd street and we needed to be on 66th street. We tried taking a bus, but it had jack-knifed, and stuck. Instead we ended up hailing a taxi (they were few and far between). I know that some of you are thinking...it's only 7 blocks, just walk. Well, the snow was about up to our knees and in some places higher. We decided just to spend the cash and get there fast, since we were already late. The cab took us about 5 blocks and then it was stuck, so we just got out. Needless to say it is more snow than NYC has gotten since the 1940's. CRAZINESS! It is a day like today when I think..."Why didn't I go to ASU?" I could guarentee I wouldn't be treking through 26.9 inches of snow there! Yuk!

No comments: