Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thank you for your service!

I recognize the historic nature of yesterday's Inaguration. I recognize that to many Americans they have a new sense of Patriotism and love for this country. I recognize that many Americans believe that change is going to come and that it will be a good thing.

Here are some things that I know...I know that my patriotism isn't determined by the man or woman that is leading our country. I know that I love this country because it stands for all that is good and right in this world and because it was established by men called of God. I know that change comes from within and to blame or give credit to 1 person is ridculous. I know that for the past 8 years I have been grateful for a God fearing leader, who made decisions based on what he knows to be right. I know that we all have to be diligent in making sure our rights, freedoms, and the constitution are protected. I also know that whomever leads this country deserves are prayers and our thanks for the sacrifice it takes to lead this country.

Brit taped and showed me the ending of the Glen Beck show. This is just the very end, but I stsrongly recommend everyone finding the clip (I couldn't) and watching all the Glen Beck had to say. He started by saying that he was his biggest fan, but also his biggest critic. I really couldn't have put into words how I feel better than Mr. Beck. He said...

"Mr. President, on the darkest day, you gave us hope when we were hopeless. You were unafraid when we were terrified. You led when nobody else wanted to. Mr. President, you don't have any idea what you meant to me personally and my family right after 9-11. Job well done, good and faithful servant. Thanks."


No matter how I feel about our new President, I will pray for him and that he makes decisions that will be in the BEST interest of our country, our freedom, and our safty, all the while consulting our Heavenly Father. This country was built by men called of God and I can only hope that God will continue to be called upon by the new leadership.

6 comments:

Janet said...

That was beautifully written, Emily. I couldn't agree with you more.

P.S. I found your blog through Heather Hall's. I love it!

britni said...

Thanks Janet!

britni said...

That Britni comment was actually written by Emily...I'm just on her computer and I guess logged in as her. Oops!

britni said...

I am praying for a soften heart and for this leadership. Thanks for the post!

Bright-Mom said...

Amen Sister! Amen!

Arlene said...

*clapping* I need to find that clip. I was embarrassed for US at the inauguration when Pres. Bush was introduced. He should have had a 10 minute standing ovation.