Monday, January 12, 2009

Older Pictures

It's not that I've had these pictures on my camera for months and months. I took all of these with my new camera. The camera that Santa gave me for Christmas. It's taken me this long to figure out how to use my camera and how to upload my pictures onto my computer. Sorry, but some of these take us back a month ago...to Christmas.

My Christmas Tree
While living in NYC...one of my favorite things to do was to go to the Met. Christmas at the Met was the best. They have a huge tree that is totally covered with angels. It is gorgeous. I decided to create my own Angel tree. I love it.

New Year's Eve
For the past few years we've gone over to the Fernandes' house for New Year's Eve. We eat, play games, do puzzles, eat some more, play Wii or Dance Dance Revolution, the men go out shooting rodents, and when we aren't in drought conditions we shoot off fireworks. We also ring in the new year with a little bubbly. Here are some picutre of the festivities.

Belive it or not...Brooklyn and I were 2nd place and Uncle "Nit" was 1st.

New Year's Day
This year we had New Year's Day at mom and dad's. It was great fun. Mom did a low country boil, Brit made cabbage, and we feasted. It was good. Brooklyn brought her new roller skates. She had a blast skating around mom and dad's street. She was hilarious. I took a movie on my camera, but I haven't learned how to get that uploaded to my computer yet. It gives you something to look forward to.

January 2nd and 3rd
We spent the first few days of 2009 out and about with family. Brit's partents were in town. We went to lunch with Mimi on Friday and then we went to the Bass Pro Shop. Brooklyn and Jack enjoyed the 4 wheelers.


Saturday we went to brunch at the Fork and Spoon in our town. Brooklyn wanted to take pictures with both her grandparents, so she can put them in her little itty bitty locket.

5 comments:

britni said...

Great post Emily. I love the pictures..now I need to steal them off so she can put them in her locket. I love her angel christmas tree. Now if only I could get Joel over there to take it down...maybe tomorrow..sorry!

Brooke said...

I love your tree! HOw tall is it? It looks so pretty.
Who is that scary looking guy watching Brooklyn skate? I thought your parents lived on a good safe street. You better keep an eye on that guy. :)

Em said...

Brooke - I believe my tree is about 9 1/2 feet tall. He is a scary guy.

Arlene said...

What camera did you end up getting? Good job! :)

angie jones said...

Perry and I really enjoyed seeing all the pics! thanks Emily! We had a really good time New Years weekend, I just wished I had felt better so I wouldn't have been such a party pooper! Can't wait to see you guys next weekend for the big cheerleader party!