Tuesday, January 27, 2009

In Memory

As most of you know, Stephen's sweet grandmother...Margie Worthy Bright...Mimi passed away today! She will be missed. I have been blessed to have married into a great family. A few years ago I wrote a poem inspired by my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law (Mimi). I thought I would share it in her memory!
Women of This Family

Generations of women who share the same name
Yet we lack one thing in common, our blood is not the same
Through marriage our husbands names we take
Now in this family we claim a stake
As we study each gentle women dear
Many similar traits soon become clear
Women in this family are courageous and true
Women in this family work hard and push through
God is center, no other above Him
Obey all commandments, avoid all sin
Teach your children and love them too
Be supportive and proud of all that they do
Husbands are loved and treated well
With a friendship that through time continues to swell
I am proud to be a small part of this great legacy
And hope to bring honor to my limb of the family tree

Rosalind Call Bright

1 comment:

Em said...

Ros - Sorry for ya'lls loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys. We love ya.