Monday, June 30, 2008

@ a Hotel in San Antonio



There is nothing wrong with my house...it hasn't flooded, the air conditioning is not out, I do not have a pest problem that I am running away from. I am staying at eh Hilton Palacio del Rio on the Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio. I know it is weird, but in my new job, I often cover conferences and trade shows. My company, Pearson has a booth at the ISTE conference held at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in downtown SA. ISTE = International Society for Technology Education. Because I live too far outside of SA and I have to be at the conference so early...I'm staying at a hotel across from the conference. I have to give 3 presentations each day...you would laugh...I have to wear this microphone around my head. Sort of "Britney Spears" like. Don't worry - I didn't bust out in "Oops I did it again!"...eventhough I was really tempted to. :)
I've never stayed on the river downtown. It is actually really nice and I've really enjoyed a balcony looking out onto the river. NICE...to quote Brooklyn, "This is the life!"

1 comment:

Bright-Mom said...

Em...sounds like you're mixing a little bussiness and pleasure...GOOD FOR YOU! :) I only wish I was there with you!
PS Don't do "Opps I did it again"...that is sooo last year...sing "I'm a Slave 4 U" OR better yet..."I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Women"!