Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Alive, but gall bladder free!


Ros wanted pictures, but I didn't get any...so these internet pictures will have to do. Above is one with a gall bladder being removed and below is a picture of someone without a gall bladder!

So I am alive! I had my gall bladder removed last Monday. All came out well...or so I am told. Mom took fabulous care of me! I am glad that it is over. Last week was a bit tough. I have to say that I thought it would be surgery Monday, shopping and movies starting Wednesday. That wasn't exactly how it turned out. I did get to the movie on Saturday, but I am still only about 90%. I've heard that it takes about 2 weeks to truly feel yourself. Next Monday I expect to wake up and be my new and improved self.

2 comments:

Bright-Mom said...

We are glad it all went well Em! We wish we could have been there to give you pick me ups and entertainment! So glad our sweet wonderful mommy was there to take care of you! She is the best taker care-er!

Stephanie said...

Emily's old roommate here... so fun to get a glimpse of the Call family! You all look so wonderful! Joel looks totally different, Kate looks lots like Emily, and Emily-- when I said I wanted to see pictures I didn't actually mean of a gallbladder! love, Stephanie