Saturday, March 15, 2008

Brooklyn the Artist


I work with a guy in CA named Oscar. Brooklyn happened to be in the car with me one day when I was on the phone with him. Ever since that day she has become quite obsessed with him. She asks me on a regular basis how he is doing or if I have talked to him. She prays for him and asks me to show her a picture of him (which I don't have.) Wednesday night, while she was over, she insisted on writing him a letter and drawing a picture of him. For some reason she had it in her mind that he was sick...I'm not really sure how that came about. Anyway, this is the picture she drew of him. She did it all by herself. I did write down the letter she dictated and I also helped her sign her name, but the picture was all her own. Her letter was very hilarious. She said, "I hope you feel better. What's wrong with you anyway?" and several other funny things. She asked me everyday since then if I had sent the letter yet. The last two days, when I told her no she was very upset and today I finally sent it. She was very pleased with that news. I am very impressed with her drawing, after all she is only 3. I asked her why she chose green...Oscar is sure she pictures Oscar the grouch when she thinks of him. When I asked her she said, "Well green is a boy color and he is a boy, right?" I'm sure Oscar will get a kick out of it. He already thinks she is brillant...only because she likes him. :)

1 comment:

britni said...

She is a nut! But a stinking cute one. thanks for tolerating her crazy silliness!