Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happiest Place on Earth!




I am no longer deprived! (Remember how we used to say we were deprived b/c we'd never been to Disneyland and mom/dad would say, "Oh yeah...so deprived, we've only taken you all over Europe!) Still there is something about going to Disneyland. I've now officially been to Disneyland and it was great. A coworker and I spent yesterday at Disneyland. It was tons of fun. We rode rides, saw some shows, ate some food, watched the parade, and basically got in touch with the child within. It was lots of fun. I really enjoy my friend Ann, but we both agreed that going with little kids would have made it all the more fun. I know Ros' girls loved DisneyWorld and I can't help but think Brooklyn would just go wild. The lines weren't too bad, but longer than I expected in October, in the middle of the week. THe longest line we waited in was for Splash Mountain. We waited about an hour and were just about to the front of the line when they announces they had a log jam and didn't know when it would be up and running again. We were a little disappointed. I didn't make it to Space Mountain...my co-worker said she'd wait while I did it, but didn't care to do it again. I really am not one for going on those rides alone...so I figured I wait and do that another time. There were also Mormons everywhere. I don't know what was bringing them out of the wood work...but I saw tons of BYU hats, shirts, etc and other signs of Mormons too. Because it was October they had evberything decorated for Halloween. It all looked so darling. Mickey, Minnie, and all the other characters carved out of enormous pumpkins. It was a truly happy day at the Happiest place on Earth! I think my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. Can't wait to go again!

2 comments:

Bright-Mom said...

HELLO! I've been trying to convince you guys to all come with us to Disney World! I think we should ALL go together! It would really be so much fun! When we've gone the last couple times we've seen big family groups there! It would be the best vacation ever! We're game whenever the rest of you want to go!

britni said...

Oh..Brooklyn would be in HEAVEN! She asked everyday if Aunt Emmy is still at Mickey's house! She would LOVE DW!