Monday, May 21, 2007

Columbia's Commencement




Wednesday afternoon all of Columbia met in the Quad. It was great. I've never seen so much blue in all my life. It was a little toasty, but still I'm glad I went. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. The President of Columbia spoke and he did a really great job. He was really funny. Each of the Dean's or Presidents of the Colleges gave a little speech, recommending us for graduation. There were some honorary doctorates given out and things like that. It took about 2 1/2 hours to get through. Those graduating from the medical school also took the hypocratic oath. I thought that was neat. The whole thing ended with the graduates walking out to the song New York, New York...you know, "Start spreading the news..." It was neat.

No comments: