Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Girl's Night

While Kate and Clair were in town I invited all the girls: Kate (5), Clair (3), and Brooklyn (2 1/2) for a sleep over at my house. What a fun time we had! We did crafts, ate candy, stayed up late, and watched a movie. The girls ever held an impromptu dance recital (video clip). We all slept in my bedroom, Kate was on one blow-up mattress and Clair on another. Brooklyn started out the night with Clair, but I quickly realized that the giggling would probably not be conducive to sleep. Kate was out like a light. Brooklyn was asleep not too long after moving into bed with me. She did insist on my scratching her back (I guess that is just pay back for all the years I made Rosalind scratch mine.) Brooklyn also would just about be asleep when she would turn to me and say, "I'm ready to wake-up now." Clair never got out of bed, but she was the last to finally fall asleep a little after midnight! We had fun. I was very happy to see Britni the next morning, as she helped get us all to McDonald's for breakfast. The lady at the counter discovered that I was not the mother and that we were coming from a sleep over. She was baffled at my bravery or was it stupidity, who knows... we sure had fun!


No comments: