Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Update

I don't have any pictures to post because I didn't bring the cable for my camera, but I did want to take this free second I have to give you all the Thanksgiving run down. (Pictures to post later.)

Well, we got to Aiken, SC on Wednesday night. Thursday we had a yummy mel around 1:00. Poor Clair didn't make it far into the meal and started to fall asleep at the table, so I put her down for a nap right in the middle of turkey and dressing. She was so tired, she didn't even put up any resistance. We have many people here. It was Stephen's parents, his sister - Jessica, his mimi and papa, Stephen and me and the three kids, and four missionaries (including one from SA). It was a yummy dinner, with plenty of food. That night we watched Cars and KT and Creighton came over and we played a little Dance Dance Revolution...mainly watched Kate and Clair play. Then we went to bed. It was a real laid back day.

The worst part of the weekend was Saturday. Stephen and Bowen and I went to the Clemson/USC game with KT and Creighton. As you all know...Clemson lost by 3 points. It was pretty sad and disappointing. However, I didn't get to see much of the game, so I never felt like I really got in it. As a matter of fact, the last 13 minutes of the game, I was sitting in a family restroom nursing Bowen. I could hear the announcer when he got excited. We were driving down the field and then there was nothing. Then I heard them announce the end of the game. I thought we had won. I hurried and finished up and went outside the bathroom and then I could clearly see by the looks of the Tiger fans, we didn't win. By the time I was able to hook back up with Stephen, he seemed to be handling it as well as can be expected. We left the stadium and went back to the car and drove straight to our favorite rib place in all the world (Sardi's Den) and drowned our sorrows in some yummy ribs and chocolate peanut butter ice cream cake! The game was sad, but the food was yummy and a special treat we only get when we go to Clemson!

So, we are still in Aiken and will go home Monday afternoon/early evening. That way we don't have to fight the horrible returning home holiday traffic tonight! I missed you all very much this holiday and hope at least some of you will come see us a Christmas!

No comments: