Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Quilting @ Christmas

So I got this bright idea that the Young Women should come over and we should tie a quilt. How was Grandma ever so patient teaching me? We got the quilt done, but it wasn't easy and it didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped. I have to say that I missed having Grandma guide me in getting the quilt ready. I don't think it was really up to par with the way Grandma did it.





I have to say that getting out that quilt frame made me a little teary...thinking about Grandma. I had lots of good times quilting with her.

3 comments:

Bugga said...

Aw Em....I do remember you coming over to help grandma with her quilts. I remember many times, when she lived at her condo, that you came over to help her "roll". It's funny how some things that might have been "trying" or things that made us feel obligated to do, become sweet memories and we are happy that we were able to share those moments with those dear ones.

littlegry said...

You're good to do that with your girls... I had a hard time just making Graham Cracker "Gingerbread" Houses with mine. :o) You're a patient woman!! I've gotten a little teary using Grandma's sewing machine. What a lady! I keep hoping some of her amazing sewing skills will rub off on me. :o)

Brooke said...

You were always the "favorite" with Grandma. Good job Emily, you made Grandma proud.