Monday, August 24, 2009

Brooklyn Builds a Bear

Brooklyn has been working very hard on an important goal...well, she finally achieved that goal. She really wanted another crab, but we found out that crabs need about 7-10 inches of dirt to dig into and they need to live in groups of at least 3. That meant that a crab was out of the question. As was a "little tiny pup all my own," which was her next idea. Instead we settled for her very own Build a Bear. She and I made the trip across town to the local Build a Bear. She picked her bear...a fuzzy, very soft hot pink with specks of rainbow in its fur. (This of course was not Aunt Emily's choice...I really tried to change her mind, but she was set on the hot pink bear.)

Let me tell you this Build a Bear has it down to a science. First you pick the bear, stuff it, dress it, and accessorize. Why didn't I think of this idea? Such a simple place that brings joy to all who come near.

Here is Brooklyn telling the lady that she wants her bear really soft. She had 3 choices...soft, middle, or hard. What child wouldn't pick soft.

Every bear needs a heart. And Sparkles (the name Brooklyn chose) is no different. Brooklyn is rubbing the heart next to her side so that Sparkles will always be near her. She rubbed it on her nose so that Sparkles would recognize her smell.

Brooklyn got to push the stuffing petal to make Sparkles just the right softness.

Here she is trying her out to make sure she is soft enough.

Before dressing her in her formal attire, she air washed her to make sure her fur was nice and fluffy.
Since I forgot my camera in the first place, I had to use my blackberyy to take these pictures...so they aren't the best, but that also meant limited number of pictures. I was not able to get a picture of Sparkles dressed and ready to go to her new home. Trust me she looked gorgeous.
The whole time Brooklyn kept saying, "Wouldn't Kate and Clair love this." "Maybe we should make one for them." Instead we decided that we would just send them the funds to do it themselves as a back to school treat. After all...half the fun is building it yourself. Read Ros' post below to see how Kate and Clair made out at Build a Bear. Can't wait for Sparkles, Beauty, and Max to all get together. :)

3 comments:

Bright-Mom said...

We are so proud of you for reaching your goal Brookie! We really wish we could have been there with you, thanks for thinking about us! We need to get all these lovely animals together soon! Love ya mucho mucho!

britni said...

Way to go Brooklyn!!! We are so proud of you. I am so glad Aunt Emily let you get Sparkles so that you can always remember to reach for you goals and dreams. I love you! THanks Emily!

Bright-Mom said...

Kate says, "Brooklyn I wish we could have been there together. Bring Sparkles when you come for my baptism so Max, Beauty, and Sparkles can have a play date."