Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Craving Cupcakes


I have a problem...I've known it for awhile, but recently I have not been able to get it undercontrol. I have been craving CUPCAKES. It all started when I moved to NYC. I fell in love with the cupcake and my love affair has continued ever since. My problem is that by moving to San Antonio I took a huge chance and I'm sad to report that it hasn't paid off...I can not find a cupcake shop anywhere in the city. Most bakeries don't even sale cupcakes in less than 1/2 a dozen quanities. I don't want 6 cupcakes...I just want ONE! Is that too much to ask? I say know, but the people around here don't agree. I have found a cupcake place in Austin and I might even be crazy enough to drive all that way to buy 1 cupcake. There is a rumor that there is a cupcake place in Helotes (a subburb of SA), but that is still unverified! WHY is this happening to me....I feel like I've been abandoned. CUPCAKES...where are you?! Instead of eating cupcakes, I've taken to just looking a pictures of them, which I think just makes the craving worse. Any suggestions of how to curb my cravings would be greatly appreciated! In the meantime I am posting this picture to help you understand why I love the cupcake. It's a cake...but little, with lots of frosting. What's not to love!?

3 comments:

Bright-Mom said...

Too bad you don't live here...the girls and I just had a sucrumptious cupcake from a local bakery! Yummy! OK, admittedly not as good as those NYC cupcakes you brought back, but still REALLY YUMMY!

Midnight Lurker said...

Have you tried Kate's Frostings on Main Street in San Antonio yet?

Midnight Lurker said...

Actually it's Kate's Frosting (not Frostings). Location is 2518 N. Main Street, San Antonio. 210-248-9809.