Wednesday, December 06, 2006

LAX Should be renamed Celebrity Central Airport

I spent just one day in California. I landed on Monday at the John Wayne Airport (in Orange County) and flew out of LAX on Tuesday evening. While I was there I saw 3 celebrities - some more popular than others. While I was waiting in the "self-service" line for American Airlines, I turned around only to see the many standing directly behind me was...
BOBBY FLAY! For those of you who don't know him... he is a major chef on the food network. He has also been on a few other shows. He had sunglasses on, but I recognized him right away. I didn't say anything too him, because shortly after I recognized him, so did another man. He made a big deal about it and you could tell that Bobby was a little bugged. He was very polite, but you could just tell he wanted to be left alone. That was celebrity #1.

Celebrity #2 was much more exciting. I walked up the stairs, (after my encounter with Celebrity #1) and was standing in the security line. While waiting to go through security, I looked to my right and in the line right next to me was...

WENTWORTH MILLER. Some of you might be asking...who is that. Well, I will tell you. I have recently become addicted to the television show Prison Break. Well, Wentworth is the main character. He is very hot in person. I would have said something to him had we gotten through security together, but I was behind this really slow family of 5. Needless to say, he got through much quicker than I did. I did get to drowl over him for awhile though.

From Security I went to my gate. My coworker called me and we had a quick work call. I was standing near my gate when a man passed me. I recognized him as someone famous, but I couldn't place him. I actually told my co-worker that someone famous had walked by me. When she asked who, I said I couldn't remember, but I knew he played a bad guy in a movie. I told her that it would come to me...well it did! Last night at about 3 am, I woke-up and remembered where he was from...He can be seen in the movie Ghost! It was...


I actually had to look him up to see that his name is Tony Goldwyn.

Well, those were my brushes with celebrities. I felt like I was back in NYC. I guess maybe I should take up residence at LAX and then I would see a lot more! :)

No comments: