Tuesday, October 30, 2012

2012 Annual Witches Cafe

 We made slap bracelets...a bat and a jack-o-lantern.  They turned out really cute.
 Because I don't believe in carving pumpkins (sharp knives, children, and gooey guts are just not for me, at least not when I am the lone adult) we decorated our pumpkins with stickers.

 They were so serious as they did this.  They decided that they wanted to do both sides.

  Side 1...Brooklyn did a girl side, Jack did an alien.
 Side 2...Brooklyn did a boy side and Jack did a crazy pumpkin.
 Brooklyn saw this great art idea, on Barney.  She assured me that she wasn't watching Barney, but Perri and our friend Brinley were, but she still saw this great way of making a spider.  We decided to give it a try.  They traced their hand and then cut it out and decorated.  They turned out very cute, but required major concentration. 

 Jack went with a red spider and Brooklyn's was black and white check!

 Next we played a game of Build your own Jack-o-lantern on sugar cookies.  They frosted their cookies and then rolled a dice to see what piece of the face they got to put on.  They ate their 1st cookie and then decorated a plate full to take to some friends. 



 The finished product of jack-o-lantern cookies.  I think they turned out pretty great.
 This was the menu for our witches cafe.  We had Jack-o-lantern Quesadillas, Frankenstein krispie treats, banana eyeballs, bloody band-aides.  While making their plates I asked if there was anything that they didn't want.  Jack immediately said, "I don't want those band-aides."  I asked him if he knew what they were and he didn't.  Once I explained he was all for having some.  We also had ginger ale with brain ice cubes.  Those are always a big hit.
Another great year, just 3 things were missing...Kate, Clair, and Bowen.  Perri will join us next year and hopefully one day we will all be close enough to have a FULL witches cafe. 

1 comment:

Bugga said...

Hey - I wouldn't mind going to two Witches Cafe!! Looks like you had a lot of fun with those two cute kids! Loved the pumpkin decorating idea and your Frankenstein Crispy Treats...but don't think I would have eaten the band-aids, either!