Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Bringing in 2011

This year I decided to do something different and new for New Years Eve and New Years. I went with a group of friends and made some new friends. Twelve people from the Austin and San Antonio area rented a house on the beach of Port Aransas. It was tons of fun. I didn't know everyone at first, but I had a great time. We toasted in the new year with NYC and then we went out on the beach, made a bonfire, had smores, played with sparklers, and watched fireworks.




New Year's Day we spent at the beach flying kites. Scott was very patient with me and let's just say that I can mark professional kite flying off my list of things to be when I grow up. I was terrible at it. I was pretty sure that I was going to break Scott's kite. I didn't break it, but I didn't exactly fly it every good either.


We also went to this shop and took a picture with this humongous shark. You walked through the mouth and out the tail into the shop. It was cool.


All in all it was a great weekend. I had a really nice time.

3 comments:

Bugga said...

Hey, where's your snow? Looks like a fun celebration, Emily.

Bright-Mom said...

Em - Awesome picture of you and Scott! The colors are beautiful! Looks like you had tons of fun! I am so glad!

Em said...

Ros, the person taking the pictures was really great and had a nice camera. She did an awesome job with all the pictures.