Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Annual Halloween Lunch

Every year, for the past 3 years I have done a Halloween lunch with Brooklyn. This year was a little different...we invited Jack. We thought this would be the last year of "all girls," but we learned when we took Brooklyn to South Carolina and didn't take Jack, that he has this all figured out. Brooklyn and I decided that we have better invite him along. Especially since every time we talked about it, he would say, "Me too!" How can you turn that down.

I had a great time with a boxer and a bumble bee. They were darling in their costumes and ready to eat and have some fun.

This year I made Witch Tacos.

Fingers and fangs

Last but not least dessert of eyeballs and mini-pumpkins. The mini-pumpkins are made out of Circus Peanuts...which were my Grandmother's favorite. I have to say as I was making them, I thought of her.


We did some crafts also. I found some foam haunted houses, that they decorated with foam stickers. They loved it.

They made some foam Candy corn and made a picture with them.


Brooklyn did a weaving pumpkin project, while Jack and I did "6 Little Pumpkins" with pumpkin finger puppets. We also made Halloween cards for Mimi and Papa and the lunch ended with 2 games...hide the candy corn and a candy corn relay. That relay was especially funny because as Jack dropped the candy corn off his spook he would pick it up and just carry it in his hand to place it in the cup. What a silly boy. Of course, after the Haunted houses and the candy corn craft I forgot to take any other picutres. Oops! Sorry!

All in all we had a great time, only 1 thing was missing...the 3 Bright children. When are you guys going to live closer? Wish you could have come to our Halloween lunch.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow-eeee! What a great aunt you are! And what darling kids and costumes!!

Bright-Mom said...

Looks like another fun Halloween with Auntie Em! :)

britni said...

The kids had so much fun Emily! Thanks again!!! What memories they will have!

chyayn said...

LOVED your ideas! I copied the fingers and fings for our linger longer at church...FUN!!:)